What if I need my parenting plan established or modified?

The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office does not file parenting plan modification or establishment petitions. The Jefferson County Superior Court’s Clerk Office provides a family facilitator which can explain the family law process, identify forms, help schedule hearings, review paperwork for completeness, compute child support per provided income, and help with referrals to other agencies. They cannot provide legal advice or help fill out forms. This service is offered Wednesdays from 8:30am until 3:30pm on a walk-in basis. More information may be found at the Jefferson County Superior Court website or by contacting the Facilitator at (360) 385-9124.

Show All Answers

1. I think my child Support amount should be raised (or lowered). What should I do?
2. If my Child Support Order meets the criteria for review, what happens next?
3. I was served with a Petition to Modify Child Support, what should I do?
4. I received a Motion to Adjust Child Support Order, what should I do?
5. How does the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office calculate the child support payment?
6. What should I do if I need a deviation from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposed child support transfer payment?
7. I now have a court date, what should I do?
8. Is there childcare available at Court?
9. I am unemployed and no longer able to pay my child support. What should I do?
10. I went back to school full-time and now don't have any income. Will you lower my support?
11. What if I need my parenting plan established or modified?
12. I have a new baby with a new partner, does that matter?
13. Can I be required to pay for a child's daycare and special child rearing expenses?
14. My kids are now teenagers and they are involved in a lot of activities. Can you help?
15. What do we do about college?
16. Can someone in your office help me fill out my paperwork?
17. What happens when there is a history of domestic violence in my case.
18. What if the paying parent isn't paying?
19. How do I obtain copies of my court orders?