I was served with a Petition to Modify Child Support, what should I do?

Generally, you should file a Response to Petition to Modify Child Support Order (FL Modify 502) and a Financial Declaration (FL All Family 011). These forms are available at the Washington Courts’ website. You must file a copy with the Jefferson County Superior Court and serve a copy on all parties, including the Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. Usually the Response must be filed and served within 20 days of you being served or accepting service.

It is recommended that you contact an attorney for legal assistance. Please see Resources below for other agencies which provide additional information, referral services, or pro bono legal services.

If you are unable to find an attorney for your case, online resources may be available to assist you in filling out the forms. Please see Washington Law Help for their Petition to Modify Child Support Order online packet.

Show All Answers

1. I think my child Support amount should be raised (or lowered). What should I do?
2. If my Child Support Order meets the criteria for review, what happens next?
3. I was served with a Petition to Modify Child Support, what should I do?
4. I received a Motion to Adjust Child Support Order, what should I do?
5. How does the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office calculate the child support payment?
6. What should I do if I need a deviation from the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office proposed child support transfer payment?
7. I now have a court date, what should I do?
8. Is there childcare available at Court?
9. I am unemployed and no longer able to pay my child support. What should I do?
10. I went back to school full-time and now don't have any income. Will you lower my support?
11. What if I need my parenting plan established or modified?
12. I have a new baby with a new partner, does that matter?
13. Can I be required to pay for a child's daycare and special child rearing expenses?
14. My kids are now teenagers and they are involved in a lot of activities. Can you help?
15. What do we do about college?
16. Can someone in your office help me fill out my paperwork?
17. What happens when there is a history of domestic violence in my case.
18. What if the paying parent isn't paying?
19. How do I obtain copies of my court orders?