How do I collect restitution?

If the court ordered the defendant to pay restitution to you, but you are not receiving any money, it could be because the defendant is still incarcerated or there may be other reasons the defendant has not made restitution payments to the Court. The Clerk of the court, in which the case was filed, will send payment to you directly as monies are received. It is important to note, it is possible you may have to wait a considerable amount of time before receiving either full or partial restitution. If you are not receiving restitution you should contact either the District Court or County Court Clerk's Office to make sure your correct address is on record.

Please Note:

Washington State Law and the Rules of Professional Conduct prohibit the Jefferson County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office from providing legal advice to members of the public.  If you have a matter that requires legal assistance, you may wish to contact Jefferson Associated Counsel, the public defender for Jefferson County, Northwest Justice Project, Columbia Legal Services, Washington Legal Help, a county bar association or a lawyer listed at the Legal Information Institute.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Prosecutor's Office provide copies of police reports?
2. How do I file criminal charges?
3. How do I find Law Enforcement Agencies?
4. How do I check to see if I have a warrant?
5. How do I drop charges?
6. How do I check the status of a case?
7. How can someone find out who the defense attorney is on a particular criminal case?
8. How do I apply for child support?
9. How do I collect restitution?
10. How do I find a Jefferson County Jail Inmate Roster?
11. How do I find a lawyer?
12. How do I find Courts?
13. How do I identify registered sex offenders in my neighborhood?
14. How do I obtain a No Contact Order?
15. How do I vacate a criminal conviction?