What about a "no liability insurance" ticket?

If you receive an infraction for failure to display proof of liability insurance and you were insured at the time of the infraction, you may file proof of your insurance with the court along with a $25 administrative fee, and the infraction will then be dismissed and not go on your driving record. If you have had multiple past insurance infractions, please check with the clerks office to determine the amount of your administrative fee.  If you obtained insurance after you were issued the infraction, you may request a mitigation hearing to explain the circumstances and show your insurance proof to the judge. The judge generally reduces the penalty substantially. However, you must respond as described above within the 15 days required by your notice of infraction.

Show All Answers

1. Can I keep my traffic ticket “off my record”?
2. How do I ask the court to defer my infraction?
3. What does it cost to defer my infraction?
4. What if I fail to pay the administrative fee for my deferral?
5. What if I commit a new traffic infraction?
6. What infractions do not qualify for deferral?
7. May I have a lawyer at a contested hearing?
8. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
9. What about a "no liability insurance" ticket?
10. What if I cannot afford to pay the penalty in full?
11. What happens if I don't respond? I don't appear in court? I don't pay?
12. I forgot about my ticket. What do I do now?
13. Is there a right to appeal?
14. How do I know what court to go to for my traffic ticket?