Topics of Interest
- COVID-19 and Your Onsite Sewage System
- Greywater Systems
- Composting Toilets - Registered Products page 34 & 35
- Water Conservation Information
- Water Conserving On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems Guidelines - DOH
- State Onsite Sewage System Regulation Revision
- Rebates are available for Monitoring Inspections and Access Risers click for more details
Check the schedule for a free septic system class to learn about your septic system.
The On-Site Sewage Program provides educational, advisory and permitting services for owners of septic systems and certifications for septic system installers, operations and monitoring specialists and septic pumpers. A Sanitarian of the Day is available Monday through Friday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on a first come, first served basis either by walk-in or phone to help answer technical and general questions. The phone number is 360-385-9444.
- Certification program for all septic system installers, pumpers and operations and monitoring specialists
- Complaint investigation relating to septic systems
- Education for homeowners and other professionals interested in septic systems
- Enforcement of state and local codes
- Inspection of septic system installations
- Monitoring inspection-evaluation of existing septic systems
- Referral for low-interest loan program to repair failing or substandard septic systems
- Review and issuance of installation and repair permits for septic systems
- Review of: short and long subdivisions, boundary line adjustments, building permits, septic system monitoring reports
- Sanitarian of the day
Program Performance Measures
View the Jefferson County Public Health's performance measures.