There is currently a world-wide shortage of yellow fever vaccine. JCPH is out of this vaccine at this time. Several sites in Seattle carry the Stamaril brand of yellow fever vaccine. Click the link below for a list.
Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) offers travelers health care services including:
- Travel consultation
- Assessment of your travel itinerary and recommendations for vaccines
- Recommendations for anti-malarial medications (A prescription must be obtained from your private medical provider)
- Information on best ways to prevent travel-related illness
- Travel immunizations as well as standard adult and children's vaccines
Be prepared to provide the following information when calling for an appointment:
- Name and birth date of persons having the travel appointment
- Which countries you will visit and in which order?
- How long will you stay in each country?
- Cruise? You will be asked to fax your itinerary.
Bring your immunization records to your appointment so we can update them. JCPH only has access to records of immunizations we administered or those entered in the Washington State Immunization Registry (WAIIS). Some doctor's offices may not enter adult vaccines into WAIIS.
How to obtain your immunization records
Bring your insurance card unless you will be paying cash.
Please note that Medicare and Medicaid do not cover travel services or vaccines.