Children's Vaccines

Routine children and adult vaccines are available at walk-in immunization clinics on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m. No appointment is required.

Sliding-scale fees are available. Services for children are not denied due to inability to pay.

A signed consent form (PDF) is required for parents sending a child with another adult.

Jefferson County Public Health is located at 615 Sheridan Street in Port Townsend, in the Castle Hill Mall. Immunizations are also available at most medical provider offices throughout Jefferson County.

20180319_Why Vaccinate


Children's Immunization Schedules 

Routine Children's Vaccines Offered at JCPH

Information sheets for each vaccine are available in multiple languages.

  • Diphtheria-tetanus (DT)
  • Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP): 
       2 months to 6 years, Series of 5
  • Hepatitis A: 2 to 18 years, Series of 2
  • Hepatitis B: 0 to 19 years, Series of 3
  • Haemophilus b conjugate (HIB): 2 months to 4 years, Series of 4
  • Human papillomavirus (HPV): 9 to 18 years, Series of 3 (only 2 needed if started before 15 years old)
  • Influenza: (Pediatric and adolescent only) 6 months to 18 years, Yearly
  • Meningococcal - Menactra: 11 to 18 years, series of 2
  • Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR): 12 months to 18 years, Series of 2
  • MMR and Varicella (MMRV): 12 months to 12 years
  • Pediarix (DTaP, Polio, and Hepatitis B): 2 months to 6 years
  • Pentacel (DTaP, Polio, and HIB): 2 months to 6 years
  • Pneumococcal (PCV 13): 2 months to 5 years, Series of 4
  • Polio: 2 months to 18 years, Series of 4
  • Rotavirus: 6 to 32 weeks only, Series of 3
  • Tetanus-diptheria (Td): 7 to 18 years
  • Tetanus-diptheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap): 7 to 18 years
  • Varicella - Chickenpox: 12 months to 18 years, Series of 2


Where to Find Immunization Records

  • See "How to find Immunizations Records".
  • Contact your doctor's office. They will have record of the vaccines they administered.
  • Each state has an immunization registry to which many doctors and clinics upload immunization records. Parents can get copies of their children's records in their state's registry through their doctor's office, through a local health department, or directly, (in Washington) by signing up on the Washington MyIR website.
  • For other tips on locating a record, view the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) website.

Vaccine Resources