Specialized Forest Products Transport Permits

Permits to transport or harvest Specialized Forest Products can be obtained and/or validated by visiting the Jefferson County Sheriff's administration office located at 79 Elkins Road in Port Hadlock.

In Washington, timber harvesting and related activities on private lands (road construction, water crossings and diversions, chemical application, reforestation and debris disposal) are regulated by the State's Forest Practices Act and Forest Practices Rule. The Act and subsequent rules protect water, fish, wildlife and capital improvements of the State and its political subdivisions while maintaining a viable forest products industry.

Please bring the following documents when applying for a permit:

  • Drivers License/state issued photo ID.
  • Parcel/plat map of property where products are being harvested. For more information view the printable County Parcel Map database.

For further information on the laws regarding specialized forest products please see the RCW 76.48 page.

*Permits for cutting on state lands are issued from the Washington Department of Natural Resources, view the Wood Cutting Permit.