Concealed Pistol License Information
While the Sheriff’s Office is closed to the public, CPL Renewals shall be submitted through the mail. The information needed to process the renewal is as follows: A completed Concealed Pistol License Application (please include a phone number, so you can be contacted if needed). Checks are made out to 'JCSO' in the amount of $34.00 if you would like it laminated, or $32.00 if you chose not to laminate. Late Renewals are $44.00 for laminated, and $42.00 for non-laminated. Late Renewals can only be renewed if it has not exceeded the 90 day time limit from when it expired. Please mail signed renewals and the appropriate fee to: 79 Elkins Rd, Port Hadlock, WA 98339.
Original Concealed Pistol License and fingerprint processing is available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You will be required to wear a mask. Please contact the Sheriff’s Administration Office with any questions, or to schedule an appointment- 360-385-3831
Ext 0 or email@example.com.
A Concealed Pistol License (CPL) is a license provided by and regulated by the State of Washington.
Concealed Pistol Licenses can be obtained at the:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
79 Elkins Road
Port Hadlock, WA 98339
The following requirements must be met to obtain a Concealed Pistol License through the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must have a picture ID (a Washington State Driver's License or ID Card is preferred).
- You must be a citizen of the United States or have an Alien Firearms Certificate.
- You must reside in Jefferson County.
- If this is an original application, you will have to have your fingerprints taken at the Sheriff’s Office by appointment only.
- You must have no convictions prohibiting possession of firearms.
- Full payment for the appropriate fee amount. (See below)
Fingerprinting for Original CPL Applications
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office provides fingerprinting services to the public. The most common current fingerprinting is provided by use of a "Live Scan" system. This system does not use ink, and prints are captured on a glass scanner screen. Ink fingerprinting services are also provided as needed.
The following fee schedule is in place for the issuance of Concealed Pistol Licenses:
- $49.25 for an original applications
- $32.00 for a renewal application made prior to CPL expiration
- $42.00 for a late renewal application, made within ninety (90) days of CPL expiration. (After ninety days, no renewal is possible, and an original application will be required.)
- $10.00 for replacement of lost or damaged CPL
Concealed Pistol Licenses can be laminated for an addition $2.00 fee.