Concealed Pistol License Information

A Concealed Pistol License (CPL) is a license provided by and regulated by the State of Washington.

Obtaining License

Concealed Pistol Licenses can be obtained at the:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
79 Elkins Road
Port Hadlock, WA 98339


The following requirements must be met to obtain a Concealed Pistol License through the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department:
  • You must be 21 years of age or older.
  • You must have a picture ID (a Washington State Driver's License or ID Card is preferred).
  • You must be a citizen of the United States or have an Alien Firearms Certificate.
  • You must reside in Jefferson County.
  • If this is an original application you will have to have your fingerprints taken at the Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday or Thursday, by appointment only. (See below.)
  • You must have no convictions prohibiting possession of firearms.
  • Full payment for the appropriate fee amount. (See below.)

Fingerprinting for Original CPL Applications 

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office provides fingerprinting Services to the public. This service is provided by our Corrections staff at the Jefferson County Jail at 81 Elkins Rd. Port Hadlock. The most common current fingerprinting is provided by use of a "Live Scan" system. This system does not use ink and prints are captured on a glass scanner screen. Ink fingerprinting services are also provided as needed.

For information on how to obtain fingerprints, please review our Fingerprint Procedure.


The following fee schedule is in place for the issuance of Concealed Pistol Licenses:
  • $48.00 for an original applications
  • $32.00 for a renewal application made prior to CPL expiration
  • $42.00 for a late renewal application, made within ninety (90) days of CPL expiration.  (After ninety days, no renewal is possible, and another original application will be required.)
  • $10.00 for replacement of lost or damaged CPL
Permit fees are required at the time of application.  Fees may be paid with cash (exact amounts only), cashier's check, money order, or personal check (with valid photo ID that matches address on check).  No debit or credit cards can be accepted.