Effective March 22, the entire state entered Phase 3. Read more here or review the
Click here for more information and to schedule for the Chimacum COVID-19 Vaccination Event (April 17)
We are currently in Phase 1B tiers 3 and 4 of vaccine distribution
- People 16 years or older with 2 or more co-morbidities or underlying conditions
- All people 60 years and older
- People, staff, and volunteers in certain congregate living settings: correctional facilities; group homes for people with disabilities; settings where people experiencing homelessness live or access services
- High-risk critical workers* in certain congregate settings: agriculture, fishing vessel crews, food processing, grocery store/food bank, corrections (prisons, jails, detention centers), court of law, public transit, remaining first responders, restaurants, food services, construction, and manufacturing
- People 16 years or older who are pregnant or have a disability that puts them at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness
- All people 50 and older who live in a multigenerational household
- All workers in health care settings
- Educators and school staff for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade and child care workers
- People who live or work in long-term care facilities
Washington State COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Guidance
A Note from Jefferson County Health Officer, Dr. Tom Locke
Clallam and Jefferson Counties are leading the State in deploying these vaccines rapidly. Priorities for vaccination are determined by Washington’s Governor and vaccination administration sites are required to adhere to these restrictions.
At Jefferson County Public Health, we work very closely with Jefferson Healthcare and local pharmacies on COVID vaccine deployment. Whenever vaccine becomes available, scheduling can be done through the following:
- Jefferson County Public Health and Department of Emergency Management Beginning Sunday, March 21, Jefferson County Public Health together with the Department of Emergency Management will hold an appointment-only vaccination clinic at the Chimacum School District Multi-Purpose Room, 91 West Valley Road beginning at 9 A.M. For the press release, eligibility, and to schedule an appointment, click here
- Jefferson Healthcare website at COVID-19 Vaccine - Jefferson Healthcare Qualifying Jefferson County residents can now schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments directly from the Jefferson Healthcare Vaccine website.
Schedule your appointment at Jefferson Healthcare directly.
- Jefferson County Department of Emergency Management at 360-344-9791 from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday-Friday
- Tri-Area Pharmacy online at https://covidbi.timetap.com/.
- For Safeway in Port Townsend, visit https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/Vaccine and use the Vaccine Locator. No walk-in sign-ups are available; pharmacy staff are unable to schedule these appointments at this time.
- For QFC in Port Hadlock, www.qfc.com/covidvaccine No walk-in sign-ups are available; pharmacy staff are unable to schedule these appointments at this time. Read more on our COVID-19 Vaccine page
To assess your eligibility to receive COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the WA State Department of Health Phase Finder tool.
COVID-19 Data Dashboard: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/DataDashboard
Find out the number of cases, hospitalizations, deaths and vaccinations in each county.
Jefferson County residents 65 or older, or over 50 caring for elderly relatives or young grandchildren, nieces or nephews, or PreK-12 school employees or a 1A worker It’s your turn!
|If you are experiencing stress due to COVID-19 call the Washington Listens line at 833-681-0211 for support and resources. For a comprehensive list of mental health resources (including local resources): Mental Health Resources|
Board of County Commissioner Meetings with COVID-19 Updates
Every Monday, at 9:45 a.m., Dr. Tom Locke, Public Health Officer for Jefferson County, or a member of Public Health will be giving regular public updates about COVID-19 during the County Commissioner’s weekly meetings. The COVID-19 Updates are live-streamed for viewing on the internet, and also are recorded for on-line viewing on demand anytime thereafter. Those without internet can listen by dialing: +1 (646) 749-3122 enter Access Code: 661-198-069
To see live or recorded videos of the Board of County Commissioners’ meeting, go to www.co.jefferson.wa.us and click on “Videos of Meetings” on the lower left side of the screen. Choose “Streaming Live” or “Recorded.”
Resources & Recommendations
- WA State Department of Health: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- Other counties
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- For general questions about COVID-19 or Washington State’s response, please call 2-1-1.
- Food Worker and Establishment Guidance on COVID-19
- Governor Inslee’s Proclamation Concerning Business Closures
- Printable COVID-19 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Jefferson County Department of Emergency Management
- Workplace and Employers
- Including when employees should get tested
- Persons Who are at Higher Risk for Serious Illness
- Resources for Healthcare Providers
- Resources for long term care providers
- Resources for schools
- COVID-19 Fridge Contact Flyer (PDF)
- Washington 2-1-1: connect to community resources statewide
When to seek medical evaluation and advice
If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, call your healthcare provider. Isolate yourself and wear a mask before leaving the house. Do not go to the emergency room. Emergency rooms need to be able to serve those with the most critical needs.
If you are having a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.