- Departments F-Z
- Public Health
- Environmental Public Health
- Septic Cost Share Program
Septic Cost Share Program
The Septic Cost Share Program is run by Jefferson County Public Health and is funded by a grant with the Washington State Department of Commerce. It pays a percentage of the cost to repair or replace septic systems for property owners of a single-family home. Please read on for more information.
1. Review the list below to decide if you are eligible.
2. Complete the application form online by clicking here. Required documents can be emailed or printed and mailed/delivered to our offices. For a paper application, download and print the PDF file by clicking here.
3. JCPH staff will call you regarding your application and how to move forward.
COST SHARE INCOME CHART
Example: For a two person household with an annual income of $34,300, Jefferson County can pay up to $30,000 towards the cost of design and installation of a septic system. Please inquire if your household is larger than 6 people.
- Must be in Jefferson County
- Must have NO access to septic or sewer OR
- Must have an existing septic system that has been inspected by a professional
- Must be owner-occupied and not for sale
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE IF:
- Project cost is less than $5,000. Please contact us for information about lower-cost repairs.
- There is a conflict of interest. For example, those who work for Jefferson County Public Health in the Septic Cost Share program or for a septic designer or installer involved in the project are not eligible.
- Your annual household income is above 80% of Jefferson County median income (see above chart)
- The property is for sale.
- There are past-due property taxes and/or assessments
If you have questions about whether or not you are eligible or how to move forward please contact Amanda Christofferson at 360-385-9444, extension 406.
Program Guidance; This document provides more detailed information about the program. (PDF)
Fill out an application online by clicking here.
Download a printable version of the application by clicking here.
Program contact: Call Amanda Christofferson at 360-385-9444, extension 406.