The function of the Jefferson County/City of Port Townsend Law Enforcement Officers & Fire Fighter (LEOFF 1) Retirement Disability Board is to act on claims for reimbursement of medical expenses and applications for disability leave and retirement benefits mandated by the Washington State LEOFF 1 retirement plan in accordance with RCW 41.26.
The LEOFF1 Board consists of five members in accordance with RCW 41.26.110(b) who serve two year terms:
- One member shall be from and appointed by the Jefferson County Commissioners;
- One member shall be appointed by the City of Port Townsend Council;
- One firefighter or retired firefighter;
- One law enforcement officer or retired law enforcement officer;
- One citizen at large (appointed by the other four members).
The Board meets twice a year on the second Tuesday of April and October at 8:30 a.m. in the Commissioners Chambers, Courthouse Basement, 1820 Jefferson Street, Port Townsend, Wa. If necessary, special meetings may be called and noticed per RCW 42.30.080.
Minutes and Agendas