- There are no alerts at this time.
Courthouse Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Election Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
NEW Election Deadlines to Register to Vote effective June 30, 2019:
Washington State is implementing Same Day Voter Registration beginning with the 2019 August Primary Election. You may register to vote and update your registration online, by mail, and voter registration drive up to 8 days prior to Election Day. Please note, your information must be in our office by this deadline, not postmarked. You may register to vote and update your registration in person up to 8 p.m. on Election Day.
This new legislation will bring new procedures to the Jefferson County Elections Office on Election Day. Starting with the General Election on 11-5-19 the procedure below will be followed.
The polls will close promptly at 8 pm. Anyone standing in line to vote at exactly 8 pm will be able to:
- Register and receive a ballot to vote
- Change address within the county
- Stand in line to deposit voted ballot
- Get a replacement ballot to vote
- Continue voting their ballot at a voting station
Voters will be allowed to finish up, sign, seal and place their ballot in the drop box.
In an effort to give these individual(s) the time to vote their ballots without interruption or influence, we will no longer be announcing race results on election night. It would be inappropriate for race results to be announced while someone is in the process of voting their ballot.
Simply put, if the voter is in line when polls close, they are voting in a timely manner per state law. They will be treated with the same consideration as provided to all others who have already voted and be able to have their vote count.
All election night procedures will be the same whether there is someone in line or not to maintain the integrity of elections and encourage voter participation.
Only those citizens needing assistance for the election should be here.
Election results from 8 pm are normally posted on our website within 5 – 15 minutes of printing out the results from the tabulation machine.
Anyone wanting to know the election night results would find out sooner by checking the State or County Election’s website.
For statewide or individual county results: https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/research/
For more information about elections, go to the County's Election page: https://www.co.jefferson.wa.us/Elections
Current Election Results - will be available Nov. 5th
Next Election - November 5, 2019, General
Click here for the Notice of Election- Will be published in the October 16, 2019 edition of The Port Townsend Leader.
Resolutions submitted for the General Election:
Port of Port Townsend Proposition No. 1- Multiyear Levy to Complete Repairs and Improvements to Port Infrastructure.
Jefferson County Parks & Recreation District No. 1 Proposition No.1 - Six (6) Year Levy for Operation and Maintenance of Coyle Community Center.
Jefferson County Fire Protection District No.1 (D.B.A. East Jefferson Fire Rescue) Proposition No. 1 Proposition No. 1 Resolution Addendum- Creation of Five Commissioner Districts.
Fire Protection District No. 4 (Brinnon Fire Department) Proposition No. 1 - Bonds to Upgrade Fire Fighting Vehicles, Aid Car and Other Life Saving Equipment.
Clallam / Jefferson County Fire District No. 3 Proposition No. 1 - Emergency Medical Services Property Tax Levy
- Aug 6: Cutoff date for ballot resolutions.
- Sept. 20: Military & Overseas Ballots mailed by this date.
- Oct 16: Official Logic & Accuracy test. Time: 10:30 a.m, Location: Election Processing Center.
- Oct 16: Domestic Ballots mailed by this date.
- Oct 28: Last day for new voter registrations and updates online, by mail and registration drives.
- TBD Nov 2: (Saturday) Ballot Processing 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ** Date/Time subject to change depending on work load**
- Nov 4: Begin Final Ballot Processing
- Nov 5: Last day for new registrations and updates in person: 8:00 p.m. Election Day.
- Nov 5: Election Day (Results at 8:00 p.m.).
- Nov 8: Additional Ballots Counted by 4:00 p.m. (Date may change depending on volume).
- Nov 25: County Canvassing Board pre-certification meeting - 12:30 p.m. in the Election Processing Center.
- Draft Agenda - available 24 hours prior to meeting.
- Nov 26: County Canvassing Board certification meeting - 1:00 p.m. in the Election Processing Center.
- Draft Agenda - available 24 hours prior to meeting.
TBD = To Be Determined
The Election Processing Center is located on the 1st floor of the County Courthouse in the Auditor's Office.
Ballot drop boxes available for the current election
Voting in two places, or attempting to vote twice, is a felony.
You may only vote once; If you received a ballot from your current county, AND received one from your previous state or county DO NOT vote the one from your previous state or county!
What's on your ballot?
Your residence address determines which candidates and measures will be on your ballot.
- For a customized ballot showing only what is on your ballot, click on the MyBallot link in the green side bar.
- To see all candidates, measures and/or issues, click on the Online Voters' Guide in the green side bar.
Receive it, Vote it, Sign it, Send it - click here for more information.
Other election related information:
Notice of Election - To be published in the October 16, 2019 edition of the Leader
Optical Scan Security Plan to begin final processing the day before the election
Accessible Voting Information:
Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee - VAAC
- DRAFT Minutes from last meeting -September 25, 2019 in Jefferson County
- VAAC Plan, last revised April 2019
- DRAFT Agenda for upcoming meeting on Spring 2020 in Clallam County
More Information about Accessible Voting
How to use the AutoMark - Video courtesy of Thurston County Elections. Please contact Jefferson County Elections with questions, 360.385.9117.
DASH - Disability Awareness Starts Here
Elected Officials - updated 3/15/19
Archived Election Files (1985 - 2006) Click on Auditor
Archived Oaths of Office (1976 - 2009) Click on Auditor
- Elections, Quinn Grewell : 360.385.9117 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voter Registration, Sandi Eldridge: 360.385.9119 email@example.com
- Election / Voter Registration email: elections@co.Jefferson.wa.us