- There are no alerts at this time.
Courthouse Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Election Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Next Election - November 6, 2018 General
Resolutions submitted for General election:
- Port Townsend School District No. 50 - Prop. 1, to dissolve and reapportion its director districts.
- Clallam/Jefferson Fire Protection District No. 3 - Prop. 1, Multiple year levy lid lift
- Aug. 7: Cutoff date for ballot resolutions
- Sept 21: Military & Overseas Ballots mailed by this date
- Oct. 8: Deadline for mail or online new registrations and transfers within and between WA counties
- Oct. 17: Official Logic & Accuracy test. Time: 10:30 a.m., Location: County Auditor's Office
- Oct. 17: Ballots mailed by this date
- Oct. 29: Deadline for in-person registration - only for those not registered in WA State
- Nov. 6: Election Day (Results at 8:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 9: Additional Ballots Counted by 4:00 p.m. (Date may change depending on volume).
- Nov. 15: Additional Ballots Counted by 4:00 p.m. (Date may change depending on volume).
- Nov. 26: County Canvassing Board pre-certification meeting - Time & Location 12:30 p.m. First Flr Conf. Rm.
- Nov. 27: County Canvassing Board certification meeting - Time & Location 1:00 p.m. Auditor's Office Vault
TBD = To Be Determined
Voting in two places, or attempting to vote twice, is a felony.
You may only vote once; If you received a ballot from your current county, AND received one from your previous state or county DO NOT vote the one from your previous state or county!
What's on your ballot?
Your residence address determines which candidates and measures will be on your ballot.
- For a customized ballot showing only what is on your ballot, click on the MyBallot link in the green side bar.
- To see all candidates, measures and/or issues, click on the Online Voters' Guide in the green side bar.
- 2018 General OSOS Audio Voters' Guide Courtesy of TVW. TVW is Washington's public affairs network, providing gavel-to-gavel coverage of Washington State Legislature sessions and coverage of the Washington State Supreme Court and public affairs events. It is widely considered the model state level equivalent of C-SPAN.
Receive it, Vote it, Sign it, Send it - click here for more information.
Other election related information:
Sample Ballot - for Nov. 6, 2018 General Election
Notice of Election - published in the legal section of the Sept. 26, 2018 edition of the Port Townsend Leader
Optical Scan Security Plan to begin final processing the day before the election
Accessible Voting Information:
Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee - VAAC
- Most recent meeting was October 9, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. at the Jefferson County Courthouse in the First Floor Conference Room
- DRAFT Minutes from last meeting - Oct. 9, 2018
- VAAC Plan, last revised Oct. 2018
More Information about Accessible Voting
How to use the AutoMark - Video courtesy of Thurston County Elections. Please contact Jefferson County Elections with questions, not Thurston County.
DASH - Disability Awareness Starts Here
Elected Officials - updated 4/17/18
- Elections, Betty Johnson: 360.385.9117 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voter Registration, Sandi Eldridge: 360.385.9119 email@example.com
- Election / Voter Registration email: elections@co.Jefferson.wa.us